Locals Have More Fun Blog

Welcome Friends,

You are entering THE Blog to find out what is going on in destination towns.

Whether it is your favorite ski run, hiking trail, fishing hole, river rapid, food, cocktails, real estate, lifestyle, you will find it here.

Tell all of your friends and Blog away the Locals way.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Snow







10/07/2008 17:50 MST

Resident local photographer, otherwise know as Local Photographer #2 decided to head up to Guardsman's pass this past week to enjoy the snow and fall foliage high in the Wasatch Mountains.

After a very dry summer, we seem to be getting a little rain and a very early snow!

Is this a sign of things to come? In this wacky world (see presidential election and financial markets (in no particular order)) one never knows if participation will fall from the sky. It could be a deluge, it could be a drought.

We should all practice conservation as practice does make for repitition which makes for remembering. It is like the organic cotton bags I keep in my car. My wife and I remember them when we walk into the grocery store, but we forget when walking into Wal-Mart, Costco, Home Depot.

What did I say? Wal-Mart, Costco, Home Depot? Yes, not very local places. I do support local businesses and I have gone to green building centers and local grocery stores and at times, it makes sense to use the big boys. Due to the sagging economy, they are practically giving things away and not making you pay for it for years! I can save money and donate a larger portion to our non-profits.

The point of all this is that the more you practice doing the right environmental things, the more it becomes habit and the easier it is to pass that on to others.

By the way, have you ever wanted to jump into someone's idling car while they are in the bank, Starbucks, etc.. and turn off the keys. My wife has had to hold me back. One of these days, I will do it.

PS Listen for the Head Local on November 7th on the Randy Barton show as I will be giving away t-shirts to people who find/stop by the radio station!

Be environmentally cool,
Head Local
Green Local

No comments: